Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
I absolutely love seafood, and I’m always trying to find new ways to make it healthy. Seafood is one of the most nutritionally balanced foods. It’s a great source of protein, rich in vitamins and minerals, yet low in saturated fats. And, besides that, it tastes great! Here is a great healthy recipe for mixed seafood ceviche.
- 2 lbs. of mixed seafood, peeled
- 6 Limes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red or white onion diced
- ½ green pepper diced
- ½ green onions diced
- 2-3 Tablespoons of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 jalapenos, finely diced (if you like spice add more)
- Mix the tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, jalapenos, green peppers, green onions, and red onions together in a large bowl.
- Place mixed seafood into the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice out of the 6 limes, and place the fresh lime juice into the bowl.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper.
- Mix well and place it in the refrigerator.
- Allow the ceviche flavors to combine in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs.
- Afterwards you can eat it with tortilla chips and enjoy!