I made this appetizer for my family and it was a huge hit, it’s truly delicious! This appetizer has a lovely combination of flavors, the tangy blue cheese, salty prosciutto, and bitter spinach make a wonderful contrast with the sweet, juicy pears. The best part is they are easy to make and would make an elegant party appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 – 2 oz. light cream cheese
- 1 – 2 oz. Greek yogurt
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- A bit of finely chopped fresh rosemary and chives
- Spinach leaves
- 1 – 2 ripe pears, cut into wedges, core removed, tossed with a bit of lemon juice to keep from browning
- Strips of thinly cut prosciutto
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, blue cheese, rosemary and chives (use the smaller amount for 1 pear, the larger for 2).
- Take each pear wedge and snuggle a spoonful of cheese in the center, stick a couple of spinach leaves on, then wrap with prosciutto.
- Enjoy as a snack or appetizer.
If you make this appetizer I would really love for you to send me your pictures by email or tag me in them on my IG or FB
Also, if you like this recipe please comment and let me know what other recipes you will like for me to pursue in the future:)